Adventures in Learning General Information
Welcome! Adventures in Learning is an intellectually stimulating experience in an atmosphere of friendship. If you are new to the program, we warmly welcome you and appreciate your interest.
· Sharon Presbyterian Church, 5201 Sharon Rd., Charlotte, NC 28210
· Look for the signs directing you to the parking area, entrance, and to the Chapel for AIL programs and classes.
· How it works: Everyone attends the general sessions, then selects a morning and
afternoon class to attend. you will attend your chosen classes for all 6 weeks.
· The registration cost includes a full day of programming. You may choose to stay
for the entire day or just part of the day.Arrive at 9:30 to pick up your nametag and
enjoy fellowship with others.
· General Session begins at 10:00 AM
· Morning classes begin at 11:20 AM; afternoon classes at 1:20 PM
· Lunch time is from 12:20 PM to 1:20 PM. You may purchase lunch in advance (see registration on page 7) or bring your own. A limited number of lunches are available for purchase each day; inquire at the registration desk.
How to Register:
· Download registration form here, complete and mail it with your check to The Shepherd’s Center, 3115 Providence Rd., Charlotte, NC 28211 by Wednesday, January 22, 2020.
· Make checks payable to The Shepherd’s Center of Charlotte.
· After January 22, you may hand-deliver your registration and check to the Shepherd’s Center (by January 24 at 1:00 PM) or register on the first day of class (October 7). Advance registration is preferred.
· If a class on a particular day is cancelled we invite you to visit another class for that day.
· In the event of cancellation of an entire day of classes due to weather conditions, we will try to make up that day on the Monday following the last regularly scheduled Monday, provided that space is available at the church.
· No refunds are available.
· The Shepherd’s Center receives the generous support of businesses in our community.
· Their sponsorship entitles them to a few minutes to tell you about their products or services.